- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour (or plain flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, (add more if desired)
- your favorite Kind Tree distillate
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line 2 cookie sheets or baking trays with parchment paper (baking paper).
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, white sugar, butter and vegetable oil. Beat in egg and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir the dry ingredients first before mixing them through the wet ingredients. Mix about half way before adding your distillate. Finish mixing but do not over beat. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1-2 tablespoonful of dough with a cookie scoop (or small ice cream scoop), and place onto prepared baking sheets. Press them down as thick or thin as you want your cookies to come out.
- Bake in hot preheated oven for 15 minutes. The cookies will come out soft from the oven but will harden up as they cool. (Be careful not to over bake as they will dry out.)
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.