HOW TO APPLY FOR A MEDICAL CARD IN PA
To begin the application process, you will need to register for the Medical Marijuana Program and set up a profile in the Patient and Caregiver Registry. Click here to head over to the state website to begin the process of becoming a part of the Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Program.
You must be a resident of Pennsylvania with proof of residency from a valid PA driver’s license or state-issued ID with your current address. If you meet these requirements, you can register for the program.
Once approved by a registered physician, you will receive a certificate from your physician. The final step is to pay a $50 processing fee for the medical marijuana ID card. After receiving your ID card, you can use it to purchase medical marijuana from an approved Department of Health medical marijuana dispensary in Pennsylvania.
To begin the application process, head over to the state website by clicking the registration button below. You will need to create a patient profile in the Department of Health’s patient registry. After you’ve registered successfully, click “find a physician” to view a list of all approved practitioners in Pennsylvania.
To obtain a certificate from an approved practitioner, you must be suffering from one of the 23 serious medical conditions. Click the button below to see if your condition is on the list. If you’re unsure of your situation, click on “events” below for upcoming medical card sign-ups and informational events.
Having trouble registering on the state website? Confused about the application process? Have any general questions? Please contact us by clicking below, and we’ll do our best to lend a hand. If you’re already approved, click the second button below to Schedule a One-on-One appointment!
- 1 Must be at least 18 years of age.
- 2 Must be a legal resident of Pennsylvania and provide proof of residency.
- 3 Must provide a certificate from an approved practitioner after an in-person examination.
- 4 Must be diagnosed with one of the 23 qualifying conditions.
- 1 Go to the Patient and Caregiver Registry and fill out your information to create a patient profile.
- 2 Obtain a certificate from a registered physician that you suffer from one of the 23 qualifying medical conditions.
- 3 Return to the Patient and Caregiver Registry and pay a $50 fee to obtain a medical marijuana card.
- 4 Visit The Apothecarium PA with your new ID card!